Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 146...Don't they get it?

John 10:31-39

It's easy for us to jump on the Israelites case and say how stupid they were for not realizing who Jesus was and believing that He was the Messiah. But I have often wondered...if I lived then, would I be one of the ones following Jesus or one of the ones calling for His death? Would I understand the words He said and the things He taught or would I think He was crazy? Would I see the amazing things He did and know that He was from God?

Jesus isn't physically walking around with us today, but many people are asking these same questions about Him. Can I trust what He taught? Did He really do those things? Is He really God?

As His followers, it's our job to help these people think through their questions and share with them how Jesus has proven Himself to be real in our lives.
  • What questions do you have about Jesus and your life?
  • How has Jesus proven Himself to be real and true to you?
  • Pray for your friends that are not following Jesus and ask God to open their hearts and minds to Him.

Pastor Dave

No comments: