Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 138...Your Life in Pictures

2 Corinthians 3:18


Woohoo! This is one of my favorite verses. I love the messages packed into it...but we'll get to that in a minute. First I want to tell you about my yearbook pictures during elementary school. Other than different clothing styles, they looked a lot like yours did. I got a little older in each one and there were subtle differences here and there. The most dramatic difference was between 4th and 5th grades. A few genetics must have kicked in and I added some solid weight to the same height body. In other words, I went from an average sized kid to a chubby kid.


This great verse reminds us that, just like our year book pictures showed physical changes, we are changing spiritually. Sometimes it's a gradual and constant change and sometimes it's a dramatic change. But we are always changing. God is at work in us to make us look more and more like Him. But you can't see these changes in a regular picture. We would need a camera that can see our hearts. Looking more like God is all about the change IN us.
  • How have you seen yourself change on the inside to look more like God?

  • What do you think is the top thing God would like to change IN you right now? Pray and ask Him to focus on that thing and make the change.

Pastor Dave

No comments: